Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Dangers Of Distracted Driving




Have you ever heard of the saying "Just drive"? In the article I read that was the main focus on distracted driving. An 11th grader from Holland, Michigan was one of many to send in a storyboard to the Drive2Life program. Her name was Rebecca and she notably got chosen to make a 30 second Public service announcement video that aired on t.v. to get young adults and adults to stop paying attention to distractions while they are driving. Rebecca won $1,000 dollars to make her dream of teaching young adults and adults  to not pay attention to distractions come to life. After  Rebecca won she had to start filming because she ONLY had one day to film a video that was supposed to teach people important information. The video was mostly focused on the distractions that people will  do while driving. In the video it shows a young adult driver doing what they usually do which is eating, putting on make up and much more while driving! In reality Rebecca had her point directly made across the world because the 30 second video was aired in May which is National Youth Traffic Safety Month. David Reich, a spokesman for National Road Safety Foundation stated in the article that "The examples she showed on her storyboard were clear, and overall her entry was quite professional ." David Reich made this nice quote directly to Rebecca about how her amazing 30 second video was.This quote stood out to me because it showed that hard work pays off, especially when it is for a good cause, and is to inform people. I think that overall message that the writer wanted to tell us was to not text and drive or mainly just not listen to distractions and stay on the road because you can injure yourself and other passengers in the car. Just imagine being an 11th grader and already kind of starting a career in the video industry.
I think that this quote will stick with me my whole life ,and it is to "Just Drive."

I hope you enjoyed my second post on my blog. This was a moving article to me mainly because this was an 11th grader that tried to make a difference in our lives.
~Ava :)

4 comments:

  1. I agree with what you thought the writer wanted to tell us, and I agree with the writer. I think that all people should pay attention to the road at all times. It would prevent accidents and it would save lives. Many people have been killed because of people who were texting or calling while driving. I am glad that Rebecca was able to spread her ideas and raise awareness about distracted driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom,
      I am glad that you agree with the writer and I because it saves lives if you "Just Drive."I was so happy too that Rebecca could spread her ideas to the world!
      ~Ava

      Delete
  2. I believe that what this girl is doing is right. It does save lives to be alert and not distracted while driving. I found that videos like public service announcements are actually a good way to spread ideas through this article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is really moving. It's so important to stay focused while driving and this 11th grade girl is spreading the word and spreading the word through that video is great way of letting people know

    ReplyDelete