Wednesday, December 19, 2012

"I Have a Dream."

In class this week we were assigned to write our own "I have a Dream Speech." Here is mine I hope everyone likes it!



Unfortunately, our economy is dropping down tremendously which is causing our fellow Americans to struggle with financial problems. Some of the problems they are having is that they are not able to put a roof over their head, They are not able to put food on the table for their family, and not being able to put  their kids in school. Just remember not all the people in need are homeless. The economy is at its worst that it could have ever been at right now, and I think this is taking a toll on people. Our duty as American Citizens is to help our fellow neighbors through their hardships when we can. Some of these people are homeless, and live out on the streets with no food at all to survive. 
I have a dream that one day our Country will unite as one, and help the people in desperate need. I think that if we try hard enough that we can “nurse” these people back to health. What I mean here is that we can get these families back to their regular life.With our help I feel that we can go beyond my dreams, and maybe more people can donate to local charities or do volunteer work at a homeless shelters.  Many people are in desperate need, and I think we just don’t realize it because we are too caught up in our lives. This is a daring task to do, but I think that we can achieve it throughout a long process.
Something that many of us do not know is that the people going through a tough time can be ordinary just like us, and can go to school like us. Both the kids and parents would be affected by having hardships with money.  I’m sure so many people will appreciate our hard work with helping their lives. This will not be achieved in my time, but I hope that in later years that it will be accomplished, and everybody in the world will be happy! Like Mahatma Ghandi said “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” I know I want to see everybody in this world doing anything and everything to see this problem be resolved.
Thank You!



1 comment:

  1. I can feel the compation you feel towards the people in need. I also want to step up to the plate and help them out. The school should hold something like "adopt a family" but hold it year round!!!! We could even have a feild trip to work at a soup kitchen!!!!! XD I would love to bring some of these ideas to our teachers with you. Great job on the speech it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete